Gentleman Scholar Seeks Creative Director for Growing New York Team
Gentleman Scholar is a creative production company drawn together by a love for design and an eagerness to push boundaries. Since launching in Los Angeles in 2010 and expanding to New York in 2016, Gentleman Scholar has staked its claim across all media platforms.
In the hands of its diverse team the company continues to push boundaries in the disciplines of live-action production, animation, digital exploration, print and VR. Experience its powerful fusion of story, style, technology and design at http://gentscholar.com.
Gentleman Scholar is seeking a Creative Director to join our growing New York City team. The ideal candidate has a wealth of experience collaborating with teams and feels comfortable engaging with clients from kick-off through delivery.
The candidate’s ability to understand key concepts and ideas while communicating a creative vision in a unified manner internally and externally is imperative to this role.
This person is enthusiastic about pitching concepts; while also maintaining a streamlined vision to creatively execute branded stories within a team environment.
• Must have 2 + years of experience as Creative Director.
• Must have a good aesthetic for live-action production, motion design, unique storytelling and versatile manner of visual expression.
• Experience in leading brainstorming and creative sessions.
• Demonstrate the ability to solve design problems and develop unique visual solutions.
• Conceive pitches and implement concepts, guidelines and strategies for projects and oversee them to delivery.
• Collaborate with Producers and Senior Creative Team.
• Ability to lead a team of designers/animators on projects in mixed media, animation and VFX/CG.
• The creative director is responsible for overseeing projects from the beginning pitch phase through to the final delivery.
• The desire to empower talented people and enrich their skills and grow as a team.
• Ability to channel and focus creativity and execute projects under challenging time constraints and deadlines.
• Excellent communication, organizational skills, and meticulous attention to detail are a must.
• A self-starter, capable of working independently.
• Expertise with Maya, Cinema 4D, After Effects, Photoshop and InDesign required.
• A demonstrated sense of visual rhythm, composition, and style.
• Ability to work positively and collaboratively with internal staff and external clients.
• 5 +Years of design experience at a major production house preferred.
**Please submit reels, resume and salary requirements to Contact@Gentscholar.com